UK Student Visa Requirement 2023
United Kingdom offers international students to complete their higher education at top universities in the UK. Students of Bangladesh look forward to studying abroad in world-class universities to receive higher education for a successful educational journey and better career development. United Kingdom is one of the most preferable choices for students of Bangladesh as the UK government delivers opportunities to students to enroll in undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs. To study in the UK, it is necessary to know about the UK student visa requirement 2023, the application process for a UK student visa, and the types of study visas.
Types of Student Visa
Tier 4 General Student visa
The students who are 18 or above 18 years old with an acceptance letter offered by a UK educational institution to study a course are eligible for tire 4 general student visa. This visa has 5 years of validity. Students need to apply for a student visa three months before the start of their course. International students are able to work part-time or full time up to 20 hours per week while studying in the UK.
Short-term student visa
Students who are 16 or above 16 years of age can apply for a short-term student visa to study courses that last for 6 months. Short-term student visa is issued for over 6 months and up to 11 months in the UK. Short-term courses, such as Business Analytics, English Language, Computing and IT are available in different educational institutions in the UK. These courses take around 6 months to cover. International students can apply for short-term student visa to study short-term courses to enhance their knowledge and skills.
A standard visitor visa
A standard visitor visa is issued for less than 6 months. Students can join the courses in the UK that take less than 6 months with this visa.
A child student visa
Students who are 4 to 17 years of age can study in schools in the UK with a child student visa.
The UK Home Office is now offering a new post-study work visa named “graduate route visa” for international students. This visa will allow all international students including Bangladeshi students stay in the UK for work after completing their higher education.
All Requirements for UK student Visa 2023
It is important to know the UK student visa requirements while applying for the visa. International students need to know the information to be eligible to apply for a student visa in the UK.
- Students need to have an unconditional offer to study an academic course from a licensed student sponsor.
- Students must be able to show their financial proof to bear their education as well as other expenses in the UK. Acceptable bank statements with necessary details of funds, a letter from the bank, and a certificate showing a deposit in the bank. Those are the documents that will be used as financial evidence.
- For the UK visa application, students must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Written consent is needed from the financial sponsor if students get any sponsorship for their tuition and any other expenses.
- Students under 18 years old need consent from their parents.
- For a short-term student visa, students are required to show the intention to leave the UK within 30 days of the end of their courses.
Documents Required for a UK Student Visa
International students must have the necessary required documents for their visa application. These documents are needed to be submitted along with the application form.
- Students need to have a well-detailed visa application form. They are required to fill out the application form while submitting it.
- A valid international passport and other travel documents are necessary.
- Students are required to have a letter of acceptance for the course from the educational institution. The educational institution will provide a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) reference number.
- The most vital document is the proof of funds for the student visa. The students must show the fund they need to bear their educational expenses for the courses as well as the cost of their living in the UK.
- Previous educational certificates and mark sheets are also necessary.
- The students need to have passport-size recent colour photographs.
- The test results of English Language skills such as IELTS or TOEFL are also required.
- They need to show their tuberculosis test results.
- If the students are under 18 years old, they need to submit documents that reflect the consent from parents or guardians.
- Other documents: confirmation of accommodation, marriage certificate if the partner of the student is also travelling with them, birth certificates of children if they are also travelling with the student, and recent utility bills are also necessary for the visa application.
Overview of the Documents
|A visa application|
|A valid international passport|
|CAS reference number|
|Proof of funds|
|Previous education certificates and mark-sheets|
|Passport-size color photograph|
|IELTS or TOEFL test results|
|Tuberculosis test results|
|Consent from parents for students under 18 years old|
UK Student Visa Financial Requirements
International students need to provide documents that will act as proof of their financial capability to study in the UK. This financial proof is one of the vital documents among all UK student visa requirements. Financial documents will reflect the ability to pay the course fees, living costs in the UK and other necessary expenses.
- Proof of funds for the student visa will be considered as their capability to pay for the educational expenses for at least one academic year which lasts up to nine months. These documents will ensure that the students have enough financial strength. The students need to submit the financial statement to the authority of the university to get the CAS.
- The students have to bear living expenses as well while studying in the UK. The ability to pay for those expenses is also required to get student visa. The students need to show documents that prove their financial capability to live in the UK.
Required Documents as Proof of Funds
If a student is relying on their parents for finance, they need to show the following documents:
- A letter from their parents that will prove their relationship and confirm that they are ready to pay for the education.
- students need to submit their birth certificate.
- students need to submit the financial documents of their parents.
Financial documents include bank statements, letter from the bank, letter confirming a loan, and overseas account statements.
It is important to note that the funds the students use as their financial ability to study in the UK must be in the account for a consecutive period of 28 days. The bank statement needs to cover the transaction of at least 30 days period while applying for the visa. The visa will be refused if the fund drops below the required amount of money for even a single day.
UK Student Visa Processing Time
To study at universities in the UK, it is necessary to apply for student visa with all the required documents. With the proper submission of the application form with other documents according to the UK student visa requirement 2023, it takes around 3 weeks to get a decision from the authority on the student visa for the UK.