Student Visa

Study Permit

British students who wish to study in Canada need to:

  • qualify as a fully vaccinated traveller
  • obtain a study permit.

Before you apply for you study permit you’ll need a letter of acceptance from a designated learning institution and a valid passport. You can apply for a permit online or from the Canadian embassy in your home country. It can take up to three months to get a permit so apply as soon as you have your letter of acceptance from your university. Paper applications are accepted; however, these will take much longer to process.

In order to qualify for a permit, you must present:

  • a letter of unconditional acceptance from your institution
  • proof of sufficient funds, including a purchased ticket home
  • proof that you are a law-abiding citizen and are in good health.

You may also need to give your fingerprints and photographs (biometrics) when applying for study permit.

Your study permit isn’t a visa. If your permit is approved you’ll be issued with either a visitor visa or an electronic travel authorisation – this is what allows you to enter Canada.

Learn more about study permits at Government of Canada – Prepare to study in Canada.


Want to Study in the Canada?

Fill up the following form and if you are looking to build up your further education in the Canada.