UK Student Visa with Spouse
Many international students want to study in the United Kingdom with their spouse and children. Students may bring their spouse and children with them to the United Kingdom to pursue higher education. On the UK student visa with spouse, certain students are permitted to bring family members with them.
Visa Requirements for UK Dependants
Who is allowed to bring dependants?
There are various requirements for bringing your spouse and children to the UK:
To be eligible to bring dependants to the UK, you must be a government-sponsored student enrolled in a full-time programme lasting at least 6 months. If you wish to bring dependants with you, the UK government or a foreign government must sponsor your financial support to study in the UK. If you are studying full-time at the postgraduate level for at least 9 months and longer, you may bring your spouse and dependants with you.
Undergraduate students who are not sponsored by an overseas government or the UK government, or who are not enrolled in a 6-month programme, will be unable to bring their spouse or children with them.
Who may be considered a dependant?
Permits for UK dependant visa with spouse:
- Your wife or husband,
- Your civil partner,
- Your unmarried partner, with whom you have been living in a relationship for at least two years,
- Your minor child is under the age of 18.
- If your kid is over the age of 18, they may accompany you as a dependant if they already have authorisation to reside in the UK as a dependant and are requesting to renew their visa.
The parents must travel to the UK and remain together, according to immigration laws. However, there are exceptions when there is just one parent or when you have exclusive custody of the child. If your children are 16 or 17 years old, you must demonstrate that they are not living independently.
- Parents and siblings of students are not eligible to apply for a visa as dependants.
- When children are born in the United Kingdom
If neither of the parents has British citizenship, the child born in the UK does not immediately acquire British citizenship. To get British citizenship, the kid must be the offspring of a British citizen. Also, the kid will not need a visa while living in the UK, but if they travel outside the UK, they will require a visa to return.
How can I apply for UK student visa with spouse?
UK student visa with spouse allows your partner and children to join you in the UK. Your dependants will need to apply for the visa individually.
Applying for entrance permission as a dependant from outside the UK
To apply for a UK student dependant visa with a spouse from outside the UK, dependants must complete the following steps:
- Dependants must apply online and pay the Immigration Health Surcharge through the Government Visa Website.
- Dependants must schedule an appointment at a Visa Application Center for biometric information and an interview.
- During the visa appointment, they must bring the following documents:
- A valid and original passport: They must produce a valid passport as well as additional documentation proving their identity and nationality.
- Biometric Residence Permit (BRP): To get their biometric residence permit, dependants must present their fingerprints and photograph at the Visa Application Centre. They must get their biometric residence permit within 10 days of arriving in the UK. Financial requirements for a UK student visa: Each dependent must have £680 for each month they are in the UK. They require £6,120 (£6809) for 9 months. The money might come from either the student’s fund or the dependants’ fund. The money must have been in the bank account for at least 28 days. They must provide documentation proving their link with the primary applicant. They must present their marriage certificate or civil relationship certificate if they are married or in a civil partnership. The youngsters must produce their birth certificates or other papers containing comparable information.
Applying for permission to reside in the UK as a dependant
To apply for a UK student dependant visa with a spouse from inside the UK, dependants must complete the following steps:
The dependant may use the ‘UK Immigration: ID Check’ app to establish their identification using their existing biometric residence permit when applying for a dependant visa (BRP). When this app’s application is finished, the dependant will be issued an eVisa, which is a digital visa. If they are unable to utilise the app, they must apply online. Dependants must apply online by filling out the online application form. A family member who is a guest, a short-term student, or a seasonal worker in the UK cannot apply for a dependant visa. If the dependant is applying alongside the student, they must do it jointly. If the dependant is applying separately, they must fill out a dependant partner or child form. Dependants must pay the visa cost and the Immigration Health Surcharge via the Government Visa Website. When applying for dependants, they must make an appointment at the Visa Application Centre. During the visa appointment, the dependants must bring the following documents: They must present a biometric residency permit (BRP) if they were issued one when the student filed for a Student visa or Tier 4 student visa. Valid and original passport: They must produce a valid passport as well as additional documentation proving their identity and nationality. They must provide documentation proving their link with the primary applicant. They must present their marriage certificate or civil relationship certificate if they are married or in a civil partnership. The youngsters must produce their birth certificates or other papers containing comparable information. The application price is £490, and dependants must pay a £470 immigration health surcharge every year till the visa is valid. Financial requirements for UK student visa: There are no financial requirements for dependants to get a fresh dependant visa if they remain in the UK for at least 12 months after receiving permission to stay. If they are unable to meet this criteria, they must demonstrate a fund of £680 each month for 9 months.
The time it takes to complete a student dependant visa in the United Kingdom
If the visa application is filed from outside the UK, the processing time for the UK student visa with spouse might be 12 weeks from the date of the visa appointment. They may anticipate a judgement within 5 working days if they choose the priority option for an extra charge.
If the visa application is filed from inside the United Kingdom, it may take up to 8 weeks to be processed.
Work eligibility on a dependant visa
Dependants are permitted to work in the United Kingdom except in the following cases:
They cannot practise as doctors or dentists in the UK unless they hold a medical degree from a UK university or have previous authorisation to work as doctors or dentists in the UK.
They are not permitted to work as professional athletes.
International students are eligible to travel to the UK and get uk student visa with spouse, although the dependants have to apply for their own visas, separately. If there are no errors and there is total compliance, the dependant visas will be approved by the UK embassy and they can travel abroad with their relations